Prague European Energy Forum 2014
Under the Auspices of H.E. Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
Venue: Grand Hall of the Czernin Palace, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the CR, Loretánské náměstí, Praha 1
Date: 13th February 2014
9.00 – 9.30
Karel Borůvka, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
9.30 – 11.00
Panel Discussion 1:
The EU´s Energy Policy priorities, 2030 Framework for climate and energy policies and its implications for the Member States
- Do we need binding goals and do we have sufficient tools for reaching them, including legislation?
- Is it realistic to expect a new global agreement on the climate to be at last concluded in 2015 and what can the EU and other stakeholders do for that?
- How to integrate climate and energy policies
- EU Energy policy priorities in general; impact on the Member States, i.e. limits of their contributions to the overall aims
Evžen Tošenovský,MEP,Vice Chair of Committee for Industry,Research and Energy (ITRE), European Parliament
Stefaan Vergote, Head of Unit, “Strategy and Economic Assessment”, DG CLIMA, European Commission
Stephen Bennett, Head of EU Climate Mitigation, UK Department for Energy and Climate Change
Ivo Hlaváč,Member of the Board, Public Affairs Director, ČEZ, a. s.
Martin Herrmann,Chairman of the Board and CEO, RWE CR, a.s.
11.00 – 11.30
11.30 – 13.00
Panel Discussion 2:
Carbon Market / EU ETS reform and availability of investment
- Decarbonization and market principles – contradiction or not?
- Carbon reduction management; compatibility of decarbonisation with other tools i.e. RES, energy efficiency, etc.
- What vehicle for delivering emission reductions?
- Environmental investment incentives
Jesse Scott, Head of Unit „Environment & Sustainable Development Policy“, Eurelectric
Pavel Zámyslický, Director of the Department of Energy and Climate Protection, Ministry of Environment of the CR
Jan Rafaj, Vice-president responsible for energy, environment and European regulations, Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic
Max Wandler, Česká spořitelna, a.s.
13.00 – 14.00
14.00 – 15.30
Panel Discussion 3
How to overcome the EU internal energy market fragmentation
- Support schemes – from barriers towards harmonization
- Integration of new RES capacities and management of supplies
- Flexible energy systems, capacity markets and other supply side instruments; risks and opportunities
- Integration of national security of supply policies, energy security and its importance for completion of the internal market
- EU Presidency priorities for the first half of 2014
Jiří Bis, senator, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Energetics of the Committee on National Economy, Agriculture and Transport, Senate, Parliament of the CR
Pirjo-Liisa Koskimaki, Adviser to the Director, Directorate C, DG Energy, European Commission
Pavel Šolc, Deputy Minister,Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Czech Republic
John Chadjivassiliadis, President, Institute of Energy for SE Europe (IENE), Hellenic Republic
Zbyněk Boldiš, Member of the Board, ČEPS, a. s.
15.30 – 16.00
End of conference, coffee etc.