Prague European Energy Forum 2015
Under the Auspices of the State Secretary for the European Affairs of the Czech Republic,
Mr. Tomáš Prouza
Venue: The Lichtenstein Palace
U Sovových mlýnů 506/4, 118 00 Prague
Date: 2nd April 2015
9.00 – 9.30
- Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-president of the European Commission
- Tomáš Prouza, State Secretary for the European Affairs
- Video message for PEEF 2015: Jerzy Buzek, Chair of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, European Parliament
Session 1: Strategic discussion – looking for answers: European energy sector from the main players´ perspective
- Current state of the energy sector in Europe: how serious is the deficit of security of supply, rise of CO2 emissions, lack of investments in the energy sector and rise of energy bills?
- What is needed for such a European energy policy that would really maintain proper balance among its three pillars: affordability, sustainability and security of supply?
Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-president of the European Commission
Jan Mládek, Minister of Industry and Trade of the CR
Tomáš Prouza, State Secretary for the European Affairs
Martin Herrmann, CEO of RWE East
Simone Mori,Executive Vice President of ENEL
Ivo Hlaváč, Member of the Board, ČEZ, a. s.
11.00 – 11.30
11.30 – 13.00
Session 2: What is the optimum market design for the energy sector? How to turn the current EU energy policy goals into reality
- How to reform and strengthen the EU ETS?
- How to complete the internal energy market?
- What market design would achieve highest competitiveness of the EU energy sector?
- How to integrate renewables into the market?
Luděk Niedermayer, Member of the European Parliament, Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
Peter Styles, Chairman of the Electricity Committee, EFET
Gunnar Lorenz, Head of Unit Markets, Eurelectric
Jean-Michel Glachant, Director, Florence School of Regulation
13.00 – 14.00
14.00 – 15.30
Session 3: How would improvements in energy efficiency impact the future energy landscape?
- How are EED & 2030 energy efficiency targets changing the energy landscape?
- Implementing energy efficiency measures: International experience.
- Various ways of financing energy efficiency projects and competition among EU funds, credit financing and other methods.
Kateřina Konečná, Member of the European Parliament, Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
Lenka Kovačovská, Head of Department of Strategy and International Cooperation in Energy, Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic
Jakub Vít, Energy Committee, Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic
Max Wandler, Erste Corporate Banking
15.30 – 16.00 End of conference, coffee etc.